Palm Releases Update for the Unlocked GSM Treo 650
Palm has released the Treo 650 Updater version 1.20 for the Treo 650. This update is only intended for the unlocked GSM unit used in North America. This ROM update offers a number of improvements including enhanced voice quality, Bluetooth performance, improved browsing and Gmail support. More...
- Improved memory handling for opening larger web pages
- Optimized Bluetooth performance and added support for additional headset or carkits
- Improved voice quality
- Improved device performance for heavy data usage such as email or web downloads.
- Includes Versamail 3.1F, the latest version for the Treo 650 smartphone including an updated Mail Service (ISP) list which includes Gmail support
- Added support for Gmail attachment downloads via web browser
- Improved performance and increased stability with third-party email solutions that are offered directly from carrier partners
- Added support for wired carkits
- Updated carrier settings for data connections and MMS or when roaming internationally
- Masked password entry in browser to increase privacy
- Improved customizable voice or sound recordings for specific callers
- Incorporates past updates previously released on Palm's website
As with all ROM updates, make sure you backup and hotsync your device before proceeding. Palm has only released this update for Windows users at this time (the update program is within an exe file). The Mac version is listed as "not yet available for Macintosh but should be shortly."
Article Comments(84 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...