End of the Line for the Fossil Wrist PDA
Fossil has removed the Palm OS Wrist PDA from their website. It now seems that the company has ended all development of the Wrist PDA and will no longer be selling new models.
Fossil first licensed the Palm OS in November 2002. At the time, Fossil debuted the PDA Wristwatch at the last COMDEX show and was named "Best of COMDEX" in the mobile devices category. The device then suffered about 2 years of delays and finally reached the market in January 2005.
The Wrist PDA was initially available in two different brands, Fossil and Abacus and was priced at $249 and $199. By August, the Abacus version was on sale online for $80. Now they are only available while supplies last from TigerDirect for $49.
The Wrist PDA features include:
- Palm OS version 4.1
- 8 MB of memory (approx. 7.7 MB available to the user)
- 160 x 160 pixel LCD with backlight
- Touch screen input
- 3-way Rocker and Back button for one-handed navigation
- Customizable watch faces
- USB interface supports Windows and Mac
- IRDA infrared communication port
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery (lasts approximately three to four days between charges)
The Abacus branded Wrist PDA has all the same features at the Fossil FX2008, but with a slightly different design and wristband.
Article Comments(48 comments)
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko
- webos smart watch? -BaalthazaaR