Launcher X Acquired, Will be Revived
A new company called Get Mobile Solutions has acquired the source and rights to redevelop Launcher X, a custom launcher application for Palm OS originally created by Little Mobile Creations.
Get Mobile Solutions (GMS), founded by Kenny West, founder of PalmGear.com, and Jeff Gibson, founder of GoTreoSoftware.com. GMS has designated GoTreoSoftware.com as the exclusive marketing and engineering arm for Launcher X moving forward. GMS representatives will post official progress reports on LauncherXplanet.com.
Launcher X Updates
GMS has pledged to release an update for Launcher X soon that will add compatibility for the latest Palm OS handheld and smartphone features. This first maintenance release will include NVFS compatibility, 5-way navigator support and full-screen & landscape modes. The company has plans to continue to work on and improve the program with added support for skins and other features.
Launcher X was an innovative application of its time. PalmInfocenter reviewed it upon its first release in November 2002. It was seen by many as the replacement for the former king of launchers "Launcher III."
Launcher X's initial development was done by the late Bozidar Benc, a pioneering Palm OS developer from the early days of the Palm OS platform.
Article Comments(17 comments)
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler