Foleo Delayed Until Late September/Early October?
Rumor: Barron's Tech Trader Daily blog is reporting today that Deutsche Bank Palm analyst Jonathan Goldberg has a issued a brief note saying the Foleo's release date has been pushed back due to software issues.
"The product was supposed to hit Palm stores this week, but was delayed when software bugs were detected. These apparently included an inability to synchronize the Foleo with most models of the Treo, in particular the nominally high-volume Treo 680. Our contacts indicate Palm now expects the device will ship in late September/early October."
In other Foleo news, Palm has already seeded select developers with prerelease Foleo units under NDA agreements (non disclosure agreements).
LinuxDevices.com is reporting that a day before the LinuxWorld tradeshow began -- Palm hosted a "sync-up" event with members of its third-party developer ecosystem. After signing an NDA and attending a three-hour lecture, participants received Foleo devices in retail packaging, along with Foleo SDKs in bike messenger bags emblazoned with "Wind River Linux."
The LinuxDevices article also shows a picture of the Foleo retail packaging from the event.
Article Comments(74 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife