Palm To Release Windows Mobile 6 Devices
As reported last week, Microsoft today officially announced Windows Mobile 6 at Barcelona's 3GSM trade show. New features have all been confirmed, including HTML email, Windows Live integration and Direct Push technology. For Palm fans, the most interesting tidbit from the press announcement comes halfway through, where Microsoft state:
"Scores of additional mobile operators and device makers from around the globe, including Cingular Wireless, now the new AT&T, Chunghwa Telecom, Dopod International Corp., HP, LG Electronics, Motorola Inc., Palm Inc., Samsung, Sprint, Telefónica, Toshiba, Verizon Wireless and Vodafone, plan to ship Windows Mobile 6-based devices this year."
There's been some speculation that Palm's upcoming code named Sherlock device for Sprint will be a CDMA version of the Windows Mobile Treo 750. If true, then it will possibly be sporting Windows Mobile 6.
Article Comments(10 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife