Palm Takeover Rumors Talked Up Yet Again
Pretty much every technology related website and blog is recycling yet another highly speculative rumor regarding Palm's imminent sale. Unstrung, citing sources close to the situation, again claims Nokia and Motorola are leading bidders, and private equity firms Texas Pacific Group and Silver Lake Partners are also interested in buying the company.
Rumors of this nature have been one of the driving forces moving Palm's share price over the past two years. Late last year Palm CEO Ed Colligan emphatically told reporters that the company is not currently for sale nor had they made any overtures to find a buyer.
Palm is due to report its Q3FY07 results and hold its quarterly analyst/investor conference call this Thursday. To date, Palm representatives have refused comment on the rumors, but the issue is sure to come up during the call.
Article Comments(48 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf
- RE: Don't we have this already? -LiveFaith