Palm to Settle Treo 600 & 650 Class Action Lawsuit
Palm Inc. has sent out a class action settlement proposal legal notice to users who registered a Treo 600 or 650 smartphone. The class action settlement applies to United States residents who purchased a Treo 600 or Treo 650, experienced two or more repairs or replacements (in lieu of repair) on that device. If the settlement is accepted, Palm will be providing extended warranty repairs and issuing rebates to qualified "class members."
The lawsuit claims that the Treo 600 and Treo 650 smartphones had certain defects, failed at unacceptable rates, and that Palm made misrepresentations concerning the Treo 600 and Treo 650 smartphones.
In a statment Palm, Inc. denies all allegations and has asserted many defenses. Palm is entering into this settlement to avoid burdensome and costly litigation. The settlement is not an admission of wrong-doing or an indication that any law was violated.
As part of the settlement Palm has agreed to provide a cash rebate to Class Members who experienced two or more repairs or replacements in lieu of repair, who purchase a new Palm smartphone within a defined time period, and who send in a valid claim form. The settlement provides for different rebate payments depending on whether you purchased a Treo 600 smartphone ($75) or a Treo 650 smartphone ($50) requiring repairs or replacements.
Further information, including the claim form package and details can be found at: www.palzasettlement.com
Thanks to everyone who sent in tips.
Article Comments(12 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife