MotionApps Classic to Provide Palm OS Compatibility on WebOS
As hinted at earlier today, Palm has just confirmed that Palm OS Garnet support will be coming to the Palm Pre and WebOS. In a press release late today, Palm has announced that MotionApps is creating a emulator application that will allow most Palm OS applications to run on webOS devices. The application, simply called "Classic," will be available for purchase when the Palm Pre becomes available from Sprint in the first half of 2009.
Since Palm OS applications running in Classic won't be able to leverage core webOS functionality, Palm is working with partners to ensure that popular Palm OS applications are made available on the webOS platform and are optimized to take advantage of everything it has to offer. In the meantime, the MotionApps Classic application will allow customers who have invested in the Palm OS platform to use Palm OS applications they've grown to love and depend upon on their new webOS devices.
Article Comments(39 comments)
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -heavyduty
- Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -zinzan
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud