MotionApps Classic to Provide Palm OS Compatibility on WebOS
As hinted at earlier today, Palm has just confirmed that Palm OS Garnet support will be coming to the Palm Pre and WebOS. In a press release late today, Palm has announced that MotionApps is creating a emulator application that will allow most Palm OS applications to run on webOS devices. The application, simply called "Classic," will be available for purchase when the Palm Pre becomes available from Sprint in the first half of 2009.
Since Palm OS applications running in Classic won't be able to leverage core webOS functionality, Palm is working with partners to ensure that popular Palm OS applications are made available on the webOS platform and are optimized to take advantage of everything it has to offer. In the meantime, the MotionApps Classic application will allow customers who have invested in the Palm OS platform to use Palm OS applications they've grown to love and depend upon on their new webOS devices.
Article Comments(39 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain