Classic Palm OS Garnet Emulation Coming to WebOS?
PalmInfocenter just got some additional demo time in with the Palm Pre today at the Sprint VIP lounge at CTIA in Las Vegas. We will be posting some video and additional coverage shortly, but one thing really caught our eye that we had to get out first.
The Pre's in use at the Sprint VIP lounge are running on a newer build since the CES demo's and Palm is showing some additional third party apps (more on these later). We caught a glimpse of a new app called "Classic" in the launcher that looks like a traditional PDA icon. Of course, I immediately asked if this was some sort of Palm OS emulation/compatibilty app, however the Palm rep would not talk about it. However, the rep did hint that more about this may be revealed later today, presumably at the Web 2.0 keynote. Click the pic at the right for a larger view and stay tuned for more CTIA coverage on the way.
Article Comments(8 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife