Palm Eos - the Next GSM WebOS Phone?
Rumor: Moments after the first blurry-cam shot of an unknown WebOS based device began making the rounds, Engadget has obtained a host of new details and specs on the unannounced device. The device itself may be called the Palm Eos and could be headed to AT&T in the fall if the source is indeed correct.
Engadget's leaked rendering of the device shows it taking a similar form factor to the classic Treo and Centro design. Spec-wise is is said to be a a quadband GSM / HSDPA phone and will supposedly be only 10.6mm (.42" inches) thin. It will measure 55mm x 111mm (~ 2.1" x 4.3" inches), weigh 100 grams (3.52 ounces), and will sport a 2.63-inch, 320 x 400 capacitive display. Curiously absent at this time is any mention of WiFi, though without any official word everything about this unit is still very much up in the air.
Engadget lists the known specs at this time as:
- 4GB storage
- Price: $349 (pre-rebate)
- Camera: 2 megapixel fixed focus digital camera and flash / video capture
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1 w/ A2DP and EDR, USB 2.0 via micro USB
- Removable 1,150 mAh battery (4 hours 3G talk time)
- Messaging: SMS, MMS (picture and video only), integrated IM client
- Contact sync with AT&T Address Book
- Cellular Video
- Email: POP3, IMAP4, and EAS support
- Audio: WAV, MP3, AAC, AAC+ ringtones
- Video Playback: MPEG4, H.264, H.263
Article Comments(25 comments)
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko
- webos smart watch? -BaalthazaaR