Palm Shares Jump on Favorable Pre Reviews
The Palm Pre seems to be garnering mostly positive and complimentary reviews from the gadget blogosphere as the first round of reviews make their way out. Reuters has just disseminated a piece that sums up the reactions from Wall Street and the newspaper reviewers.
"I consider the Pre to be potentially the strongest rival to iPhone to date, provided it attracts lots of third-party apps, which it sorely lacks at launch," The WSJ's Walt Mossberg remarks in his review.
Palm stock gained 9% today on the news. It closed the day up 1.15 at 13.64.
In his New York Times review David Pouge comments: The Pre will be a hit, but the iPhone isn't going away. [...] So do the Pre's perks (beautiful hardware and software, compact size, keyboard, swappable battery, flash, multitasking, calendar consolidation) outweigh its weak spots (battery life, occasional sluggishness, ringer volume)? Oh, yes indeedy."
USA Today's Edward Baig pens in his review entitled "re could pilot Palm to smartphone glory again" he writes, "The most-lusted-after pocket computer in months is about to go on sale — and it's not even an iPhone. [...] Palm has delivered a device that will keep it in the game and give it a chance to star in it."
Related: PalmInfocenter Palm Pre Review
Article Comments(2 comments)
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler