Max OS X 10.6 Dropping Palm Hotsync Conduit
Quoting "sources familiar with the latest Gold Master build", AppleInsider is reporting that Apple has dropped the Palm OS HotSync conduit from Snow Leopard, the latest iteration of Mac OS X. The news is not entirely surpising: Palm have not updated the Mac version of Palm Desktop for many years now, and with the company having moved on to greener pastures with webOS it no longer makes sense for Apple to continue expending resources on maintaining the feature.
Snow Leopard upgraders still hankering for Palm OS support can still turn to third-party software to get their sync on, such as The Missing Sync from Mark/Space.
Article Comments(8 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf
- RE: Don't we have this already? -LiveFaith