webOS 1.2.1 Update Now Available
Palm Inc. has released its second webOS update in a week. Reports are now coming in that webOS v1.2.1 started showing up late friday afternoon and Palm has now posted the full details on its support site.
The update weighs in at 38MB and primarily brings back iTunes 9.0.1 synchronization support and resolves a number of critical issues for Microsoft Exchange users which were introduced in the v1.2 update. In addition to restoring media sync, the Palm Pre can now sync photo albums from within iTunes.
The full change list is posted after the break.
- Version: webOS 1.2.1
- Release date: 2 October 2009
Feature changes to existing applications
- Resolved an issue where after installing the 1.2.0 webOS update some customers running Exchange 2007 could no longer synchronize with their Exchange account for Email, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks.
- Resolves an issue preventing media sync from working with latest version of iTunes (9.0.1).
- Media sync now synchronizes photo albums, maintaining the album structure in the Photos app.
- Media sync now allows for synchronizing photos without requiring the full-resolution originals. This provides faster display of high-quality full-screen images and enables users to store more photos on the phone.
- Resolved an issue where if a user tried to play streaming music or video, the media stream might drop out or have a long delay before starting.
This release implements several security fixes, including the following:
- Addresses a security issue encountered by webkit developers. This issue did not impact end users.
Article Comments(84 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W