Handspring Releases SDIO Update for Treo 90
The Treo 90 is the first model from Handspring that has an SD slot. Until now, this only supported memory cards. Handspring has released the Treo 90 Updater 1.0, which allows this handheld to use SD Input/Output (SDIO) cards. These are peripherals that plug into the handheld through the SD slot. Handspring said specifically that the Treo 90 will now be able to use the palm Bluetooth SD card for wireless networking and Margi System's Presenter-to-Go presentation tool.
This updater will reflash the Treo 90's ROM. This means the update will become a permanent part of the handheld and won't be erased even during a hard reset.
In addition, it will fix a problem the Treo 90 had formatting some SanDisk 128MB SD cards and, as Handspring phrases it, "adds other behind-the-scenes improvements, typo corrections and edits."
Article Comments(10 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf