Mac Zodiac Syncronization Software Released
Mark/Space has delivered a new version of the Missing Sync that brings Tapwave Zodiac Hotsync support to Mac OS X.
The Missing Sync for Tapwave, enables users to connect and synchronize information between a Zodiac and a Mac computer running Mac OS X v10.2.8 or later via USB or Bluetooth. Users will be also benefit from a specially-designed Game Installer developed for games sold through the Tapwave store. While many games designed for the Zodiac only include installers for Windows PC users wrapped in a .zip file, the Missing Sync Game Installer allows Mac users to drag-and-drop these or any .zip file for installation on the Zodiac. It also offers a High Score conduit that enables users to share high scores over the Internet.
Missing Sync for Tapwave leverages the rich audio/video capabilities of the Zodiac, making it simple to move music, audio and digital picture files between iPhoto or iTunes on the Mac and either of the handheld’s expansion card slots. To further enable users to organize and display photos on their Zodiac consoles, Missing Sync for Tapwave includes SplashData’s acclaimed SplashPhoto image viewer.
Additional key features of The Missing Sync for Tapwave include:
- The ability to synchronize calendar events, addresses, memos and to-do items with the Palm Desktop software, plus synchronization of iCal(tm) calendar events, to-do items, and Mac OS Address Book contact information after installing iSync and the iSync Palm Conduit.
- Synchronization support for Mac applications with existing third party Palm OS conduits (available separately with products such as Pocket Quicken, FileMaker Mobile, Entourage, Meeting Maker, etc.).
- Desktop mounting, enables users to transfer files between the Mac and Zodiac’s two expansion card slots, essentially using the Zodiac as a card reader or for portable storage.
- The ability to download email messages to any Palm OS email client (not included), read and reply while offline, then connect later to send and receive.
Missing Sync for Tapwave is available now for for $39.95. The Tapwave Zodiac 1 and Zodiac 2 are supported and require the Zodiac 1.1 Software Update, which will be available laster this week from Tapwave.
Article Comments(17 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf
- RE: Don't we have this already? -LiveFaith