Rumor: Next Generation Treo Details and Picture
Possible details and an image of the next generation palmOne Treo Smartphone have surfaced. The image shows a similar Treo design, with a higher resolution screen and integrated Bluetooth wireless.
What appears to be a camera-phone picture of a slide or printout detailing the next generation Treo has been posted to the discussion forum at TreoCentral.
According to the details listed on the picture, the next Treo will retain the same basic form factor and layout with a number of improvement, It will be powered by Palm OS 5.x, have 32MB of RAM and a 312 MHz ARM processor. It will include integrated Bluetooth and a 320x320 pixel, 65k color TFT display.
The smartphone will also have a new camera with digital zoom and video capture, dedicated answer and disconnect phone buttons and a SD/MMC expansion slot with SD I/O. The report also claims a number of web Browser enhancements.
The source image lists the release timing as Fall 2004, but does not offer any other details on price or availability. You can click on the image on the right for the full slide. palmOne CEO Todd Bradley has repeatedly mentioned that they are developing a family of smartphones due in the Fall.
Thanks to Guarav for the tip.
Article Comments(79 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler