Rumor: Upcoming New Treo Smartphone Details
Additional details and a new clear image of the possible next generation palmOne Treo smartphone have now been posted. The new image and details reveal a slightly smaller unit with a revised keyboard, a higher resolution screen and bluetooth connectivity.
The new photo comes from a discussion thread on TreoCentral. The picture and details are confirmed by a previous leak back in June. That presentation slide showed an image and possible specs for the next generation Treo model. The phone is rumored to be named the Treo 650 (codenamed Treo Ace).
According to current speculation, the next Treo will retain the same basic form factor and layout with a number of refinements and improvements, most notably a new high resolution 320x320 pixel 65k color TFT display and integrated Bluetooth. It will be powered by Palm OS 5.x, have 32MB of RAM and run on a 312 MHz ARM processor.
The upcoming smartphone will also have a new 1.3 Megapixel camera with digital zoom and video capture, new dedicated answer and disconnect phone buttons and a SD/MMC expansion slot with SD I/O. There will also be a number of software improvements including many web browser enhancements. Some other features include a removable battery, push to talk support and a new cradle/cable connector.
The previous source image lists the release timing as Fall 2004, but does not offer any other details on price or availability. You can click on any of the images for the full size view.
Thanks to Guarav and Mike Knips for the tip.
Article Comments(56 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife