Sprint Palm Pre Officially EOL'd
While we discussed the original Palm Pre's disappearance from Sprint's web store last week, as of that writing the device was still technically an active model with a bit of inventory presumably remaining in the channel. Now courtesy of an anonymous tipster to Precentral.net, we have confirmation that the Pre is indeed reached EOL (end of life) status with Sprint.
According to the tipster, Only a few hundred new unsold Pre remain in Sprint warehouses and once those are depleted, there looks to be no other WebOS unit in sight for Sprint save for the original Pixi, as the carrier has decided to pass on the Pre Plus, the Pixi Plus, and the Pre 2. Sprint's original Pre was the debut WebOS device, launched on June 6th, 2009 after its unveiling at CES on Janurary 8th 2009.
Verizon is the only domestic carrier intending to launch the upcoming Pre 2, though an unlocked GSM version is rumored to be available for purchase direct from Palm, while Verizon's Pixi Plus is slated to live on until March of 2011. Additionally, AT&T still lists the refreshed Pre and Pixi Plus as active devices (along with refurbished versions of both devices) but has made no indication of plans for an officially supported version of the Pre 2.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife