FCC Approves Samsung i550 Smartphone
The FCC has taken the wraps off a new upcoming Palm Powered Smartphone from Samsung. The SPH-i550 is a CDMA flip phone with a high resolution screen, SD slot and a megapixel digital camera.
The FCC has approved the Samsung SPH-i550 is a Palm OS 5.2 smartphone which has a a high resolution screen and exterior OLED color display. The phone portion is a Tri-Mode Dual Band Analog/PCS phone. It would likely be targeted for use on the US Sprint network.
The phone has a built in megapixel digital camera with a flash, an SD memory expansion slow, voice recorder and comes with a web browser and messaging software. It will also have a mp3 player and video playback with dedicated control buttons on the exterior. It comes with a user replaceable 1150mAh standard battery, and a optional 1700mAh extended battery accessory will be available.
There is no word on general availability or a price at this time. Samsung also has shown a series of other CDMA and GSM Palm OS smartphone models that have not yet been officially released.
Thanks to Gaurav for the tip.
Article Comments(14 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko
- webos smart watch? -BaalthazaaR
- RE: Still here?? -HyperScheduler
- Picking up a Pre 3 -Tuckermaclain