Samsung Demos Palm Powered SGH-i500 at CeBit
Samsung is showing a Palm Powered smartphone with a built in camera and SD slot at the CeBit. The SGH-i500 is a GSM phone with a 180 degree swivel screen design.
SGH-i500 is a tri-band GSM (900/1800/1900) phone with Palm OS 5.2. It has a 180 degree swivel screen clamshell design. It boasts a 65,536 color TFT 162 × 176 pixel LCD screen, 40 polyphonic sounds, SDIO memory expansion slot and a 300k pixel cameral. It will have 32MB or RAM and will use the 200 Mhz Motorola MX1 CPU.
It has dimensions of 3.6 x 2.3 x .9 inches (91.5 x 54 x 22.8 mm) and weighs 5.2 ounces (147g). It will ship various WAP 2.0 web browsers, as well as an HTML browser. It will also come with a email client, mms and video capture software. Users will be able to enter in Graffiti on-screen or use the numerical pad for data input.
No carriers, prices or possible release dates are available at this time. This model adds to the confusion regarding Samsung's upcoming Palm Powered smartphones, as a model with the exact same feature set was previously shown as the SGH-i505 model.
Article Comments(27 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler