Samsung SCH-i539 Smartphone Available in China
PalmSource, Samsung Electronics, China Unicom NewSpace and Motricity showcased the Samsung SCH-i539 smartphone at an event held today in Beijing, China, to announce the general availability of the Samsung SCH-i539 in retail channels throughout China beginning today.
The Samsung SCH-i539 is now available on the CDMA network in China through China Unicom, and is the first Palm Powered smartphone to be available in mainland China.
- Palm OS® Garnet
- MX1 CPU with 64 MB ROM / 32 MB RAM memory
- CMDA 1x (800MHz)
- Clam shell form factor with dual displays, supports handwriting recognition
- 324 x 352 pixel, 2.3 inch, 65,536 color display (internal)
- OLED 128 x 96 pixel display (external)
- 1 megapixel digital camera with a LED flash
- Support streaming media (VOD)
- MP3/MPEG4 player
- Mobile QQ, English-Chinese/Chinese-English dictionary
- Web browser
- IR remote transmit
- Support China Unicom Endless service(WAP,U-MAIL,GPS)
- SD memory expansion slot
"Combining Samsung Electronics' world leadership in the handset market with the power and flexibility of the Palm OS®, has enabled the development of innovative and easy to use smartphones such as the SCH-i539," said Dr. David Nagel, president and chief executive officer of PalmSource. "We believe the SCH-i539 delivers superior telephony design, with powerful smartphone, multimedia and data capabilities to the Chinese marketplace. Together with China Unicom and Motricity, Samsung is providing Chinese consumers a powerful yet easy-to-use smartphone."