Use Your Pre as a Modem with My Tether
Palm Pre users can now use their device as a modem and even as a 3G router with newly available unofficial software. A developer has created a application called My Tether which enables users to utilize the Pre's 3G connection much like a WiFi hotspot. This lets users share connections and link up laptops on the road over USB, Bluetooth or WiFi.
There are currently two versions of the application. A free version 1.5 requires some technical know-how and Linux hacking in order to install and configures, while a more user friendly version 2.0 comes with its own automated installer. The later option is available with a $10 donation. A tutorial for Windows users is available online here, and you can check out a video demo after the break.
Thanks to Make for the tip.
Article Comments(13 comments)
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler