Use Your Pre as a Modem with My Tether
Palm Pre users can now use their device as a modem and even as a 3G router with newly available unofficial software. A developer has created a application called My Tether which enables users to utilize the Pre's 3G connection much like a WiFi hotspot. This lets users share connections and link up laptops on the road over USB, Bluetooth or WiFi.
There are currently two versions of the application. A free version 1.5 requires some technical know-how and Linux hacking in order to install and configures, while a more user friendly version 2.0 comes with its own automated installer. The later option is available with a $10 donation. A tutorial for Windows users is available online here, and you can check out a video demo after the break.
Thanks to Make for the tip.
Article Comments(13 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife