Cingular & AT&T Treo 600 Update Now Available
UPDATED palmOne has now made the Treo updater available for the Cingular and AT&T Wireless. The new software features performance and reliability enhancements.
The Treo 600 Updater is now available from Cingular (v.1.12) and AT&T Wireless (v1.13). It is also available for Sprint and "other GSM carriers". Updates for the remaining carriers will be released in the coming weeks as each individual carrier certifies the update for its specific network. Users can register with palmOne to receive an email update when the update becomes available for your specific carrier.
Updates and features in the Cingular version include:
- Improved data connectivity to browse the web, send and retrieve email and other applications.
- Improved rendering of web pages and graphics in the web browser.
- Optional privacy mode for incoming SMS to hide the message content and sender information.
- Enhanced audio-quality reliability, and reduced audio distortion.
- Ability to enable car kit echo cancellation for better audio performance.
- Updated carrier settings for roaming to international networks.
- Software now reflects palmOne naming and branding.
The updater comes in both Windows and Macintosh versions. it requires a fully charged Treo 600 with at least 12MB device memory free for the Mac version and 6MB for the windows updater. Complete instructions and a list of updates for each carrier is available from palmOne here.
Article Comments(5 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.