iTunes 8.2.1 Blocks Palm Pre Media Sync
Apple has released a new version of iTunes today (v8.2.1) which has been confirmed to break the Palm Pre's media sync functionality. Apple's release note states:
iTunes 8.2.1 provides a number of important bug fixes and addresses an issue with verification of Apple devices.
Apple had warned that it "would not guarantee future compatibility" with "unsupported third-party digital media players" in a previously support document. This action seems to make it clear that Apple disapproves of the backdoor method Palm used to add support for iTunes into webOS.
Pre users wishing to keep iTunes media synchronization should simply hold off on upgrading for the time being. Alternative options for managing media also exist such as doubleTwist, the Missing Sync for Mac OS or manually via USB drive mode.
Article Comments(60 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf