iTunes 8.2.1 Blocks Palm Pre Media Sync
Apple has released a new version of iTunes today (v8.2.1) which has been confirmed to break the Palm Pre's media sync functionality. Apple's release note states:
iTunes 8.2.1 provides a number of important bug fixes and addresses an issue with verification of Apple devices.
Apple had warned that it "would not guarantee future compatibility" with "unsupported third-party digital media players" in a previously support document. This action seems to make it clear that Apple disapproves of the backdoor method Palm used to add support for iTunes into webOS.
Pre users wishing to keep iTunes media synchronization should simply hold off on upgrading for the time being. Alternative options for managing media also exist such as doubleTwist, the Missing Sync for Mac OS or manually via USB drive mode.
Article Comments(60 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko