TealOS Forced Into Early Retirement
Palm Inc. has apparently taken issue with TealOS, the webOS lookalike application for Palm OS devices, and has requested the programs permanent removal. In a post to the Tealtalk support forum, a TealPoint representative delivers the news:
I'm sorry to say that at Palm's request, as of this upcoming Monday, March 30, we will no longer be selling or distributing TealOS.
We really appreciate the help and unprecedented enthusiasm so many of you have shown for this product. It's been a long time since we experienced this kind of customer cooperation, and the program's success came at a badly needed time. We wish we could continue contributing to this great community.
Assuming the above information is correct, TealOS will vanish from TealPoint's site on March 30th. All existing users and customers are encourage to download the latest beta release (currently v1.43) while they still can.
A TealPoint rep has confirmed the news. He states that Palm asked them to stop distributing the program, claiming infringement, but refused to go into any specific details. TealPoint suggested numerous alternatives but was told none were acceptable. Under polite but firm pressure, TealPoint agreed to remove the program to preserve an agreeable relationship with Palm.
Thanks to WyreNut for the tip.
Article Comments(71 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith