Rumor: Treo 650 Production Started
A new report out of Taiwan claims that the contract manufacturer for the upcoming Treo 650 Smartphone has stated volume shipments of the new model.
Digitimes, is reporting that High Tech Computer (HTC) began volume shipments of a new PDA phone model to PalmOne this month and is slated to enter mass shipments in October, according to market sources. It was reported in May, that HTC had won a contract for the next upgrade of the Treo 600.
According to current speculation, the next Treo will retain the same basic form factor and layout with a number of refinements and improvements, most notably a new high resolution 320x320 pixel 65k color TFT display and integrated Bluetooth. It will be powered by Palm OS 5.x, have 32MB of RAM and run on a 312 MHz ARM processor.
The upcoming smartphone will also have a improved 1.3 Megapixel camera with digital zoom and video capture, new dedicated answer and disconnect phone buttons and a SD/MMC expansion slot with SD I/O.
Article Comments(43 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife