Palm Treo 700p Release Date Leaked?
Rumor A copy of what appears to be an internal Sprint Document has been posted on TreoCentral's message board. The poster claims the document was shown to him at a Sprint store and he was permitted to take a photocopy. If accurate, this story would confirm earlier information told to PalmInfocenter that a Treo 700p was planned to be released by Sprint in the May/June timeframe. Read on for the details.
The scanned document from TreoCentral lists the following features:
- Power Vision EVDO support
- 128 MB memory
- 1.3 Megapixel camera
- Bluetooth, SD expansion slot
- Refined industrial design, complete upgrade to the Treo 650
- Software: Sprint TV, On Demand, Streaming music
- Bluetooth DUN modem support
- Launch Date: 5/28/06
As with all message board rumors, keep in mind that something like this could easily be cooked up. The targeted release date listed falls on a Saturday, which kind of casts a little bit of doubt on the accuracy of that expected launch date. It is possible that could just indicate a general time frame for availability.
UPDATE: The Palm Treo 700p has been officially announced.
Thanks to Surur for the tip.
Article Comments(20 comments)
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko
- webos smart watch? -BaalthazaaR
- RE: Still here?? -HyperScheduler
- Picking up a Pre 3 -Tuckermaclain