More Details on the Treo 800
Rumor: We now have a short video clip of the possible Treo 800 online, along with a few mode additional details of the unannounced new Treo. Pictures of the possible Treo 800p were first posted here over the weekend. PIC does not have a confirmation on the final name of the device or its release timing, though the source seems to think it will fall under the Treo 800 series moniker. Previous leaks about this device have gone under the code-name "Palm Gandolf".
We know so far that the device has an overall smaller and thinner profile. It is said to have a smaller screen and keyboard area than the previous Treo 650/680 models. It will retain the touchscreen on the Palm OS version, however a separate model has been spotted running Windows Mobile Standard aka smartphone edition.
Our source has confirmed that the pictures are showing a GSM model running Palm OS Garnet. It does have a micro-SD memory expansion slot hidden on the right side along with an infrared port. It is powered by a 1150 mAh Li-ion battery.
The source also reported a peculiarity as the firmware version number was listed as Gnome 04.30.
A short 30 second cameraphone video clip is embedded below, you can also view our previous photos of the device here.
Video removed from youtube by Palm Inc.
Article Comments(53 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah
- Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Gekko