ACCESS Licenses Handwriting Tech for ALP
Zi Corporation today announced that it has signed a licensing agreement with ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc. (formerly PalmSource, Inc.) to pre-integrate eZiText predictive text technology and Decuma handwriting recognition technology into the ACCESS Linux Platform.
Under the terms of the agreement, ACCESS has chosen to pre-integrate Zi Corporation’s eZiText and Decuma technologies into the ACCESS Linux Platform, the Company’s fully integrated, open, flexible and commercial grade Linux-based platform designed for smartphones and mobile devices. This pre-integration is expected to accelerate the introduction of devices that incorporate Zi technology while providing a vehicle for ACCESS’ thriving third party developer community to leverage eZiText in their applications targeted for devices based on the ACCESS Linux Platform.
Zi will receive unit license fees from OEM’s for eZiText or Decuma-enabled devices on the ACCESS Linux Platform.
“Zi provides world-class technology and ACCESS is dedicated to providing a complete, ready-to-go, carrier-class Linux platform for its licensees.” said Larry Berkin, Senior Director - Developer Ecosystem & Technology Acquisition, ACCESS. “We are looking forward to providing user-friendly services such as those from Zi that make life-on-the-go easier.”
Article Comments(13 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife