ACCESS Releases ALP Garnet VM Compatibility Kit
ACCESS has released a Garnet VM Compatibility Kit. The kit includes a Garnet VM emulator that will run Garnet applications within the ACCESS Linux Platform. The kit is intended to help current Palm OS Garnet developers check how their current applications will run in ACCESS Linux Platform, and adjust them if necessary.
The kit supports testing on Windows and Linux. For Windows, it includes an ARM emulator running the Garnet VM environment. For Linux, it includes the Garnet VM simulator. Both platforms will run 68k and ARM PNO application code. Both Release and Debug (with extra parameter checking and error messages) versions are included.
ACCESS says this standalone version of the GVM is a subset of the application that runs within ACCESS Linux Platform. The full version provides additional gateways to the host system such as PIM data sharing and will be provided as part of the ACCESS Linux Platform SDK in the future.
TamsPalm has some additional information. Alexander Gratz writes that the launcher reports the OS as Palm OS Garnet v5.5, the emulator runs in 240×320 resolution display mode and uses a different set of fonts. It includes the standard PIM applications, preferences and one test application.
The kit contains additional developer documentation and information as well.
Article Comments(7 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain