Update on Palm Desktop Vista Compatibility
Today's post at the official Palm blog gives us an update on the Palm Desktop Vista Compatibility situation. As it stands now, the Palm Desktop is still not compatible with Windows Vista, which also leaves most third party conduits, such as Documents to Go, incompatible as well.
Palm Product Manager David Sloan says that Palm is indeed working on a beta release of the new Windows Vista-compatible Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager software. They are currently targeting a release sometime this summer.
In the meantime, Vista users can make use of the Vista Simple Installer. The freeware app enables you to install PRC and PDB files on Vista machines.
Article Comments(12 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain