Palm Removes the Sprint 700p MR Update
Palm has temporarily removed the recently posted and oft-delayed Treo 700p maintenance release, which was posted early Monday for Sprint 700p's. Palm says it has received isolated reports of an installation issue that causes the device to continuously reset when applying the software update. A few reports of endless reset loop issues after updating were posted by PalmInfocenter readers as well. According to a few unconfirmed reader reports, Palm and Sprint are issuing replacement devices to users who experienced problems (i.e. bricked devices) due to the update. Palm support is encouraging users who have experienced an issue with the maintenance release installation contact them at: 1-866-750-7256.
Palm's Paul Loeffler has posted a statement on the Palm blog: "We're investigating the issue and will make the Sprint Treo 700p update available again as soon as possible. We know this has been a frustrating process for customers and apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused."
Article Comments(46 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife