Palm Taps HTC for Future ODM Orders
Rumor: Digitimes is citing a report from the Chinese-language Commercial Times newspaper that HTC has recently signed Palm back up for unspecified manufacturing orders. Palm has previously utilized HTC in the past to produce the Treo 650 and the 700 series. Reportedly, Palm decided to move away from the company as HTC began to build out their own brand and market directly to consumers. Some of Palm's most recent devices such as the Centro and Treo 680 have been manufactured by Inventec Appliances.
If indeed accurate, the report likely indicates that Palm will utilize HTC to supplement their existing manufacturing capability or has been awarded a new ODM contract for a future device. Palm has recently announced a new ODM strategy for its Windows Mobile business as its aims to streamline development and work closer with its ODM partners. Palm has also recently had a change in its Engineering leadership.
Thanks to IntoMobile for the tip.
Article Comments(8 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife