Live Pic of the Treo 800w Spotted
Longtime Palm OS ROM hacker Shadowmite has posted what appears to be one of the first shots of an Treo 800 / Palm Zeppelin prototype device. The picture matches up with most of the earlier leaked renderings and presents a clear view of the long awaited new Palm smartphone.
Unfortunately there are no major new details or confirmation of existing rumored specs along with the picture. The little tidbit the source does confirm is that the device uses a new micro USB connector.
Read on for the full sized pic. * Updated with side view.
While official specs have been very slow to emerge, the general consensus among the rumors that have surfaced say that the Treo 800w will be powered by Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, have a 320x320 recessed touchscreen, a ~400mhz CPU and 128mb of RAM with 256mb of ROM. It should also achieve a series of notable milestones, such as Palm's first EVDO REV-A handset, Palm's only GPS-enabled device, and Palm's first smartphone with integrated wi-fi capabilities. Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP and a 2.0megapixel camera round out the hardware specs.
Article Comments(48 comments)
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler