Over 50,000 Pre's Sold During Launch Weekend
Reports from all over say this weekend's Launch of the Palm Pre was a success. Most Sprint retail stores reported selling out of the initial stock and have starting taking names for a waiting list as new units come in. Analysts are all over in guesstimating actual sales numbers. A report from Bloomberg cites one who reckons Palm sold over 150,000 units, while another in the Wall Street Journal say they exceeded 50,000.
JPMorgan said: "Sales in the first two days probably exceed 50,000, which aligns with our expectations," but probably fell short of the 146,000 reported for the first-generation Apple Inc. (AAPL, $141.35, -$3.32, -2.29%) iPhone because of "capacity constraints in manufacturing." JPMorgan said calls to different U.S. stores reveal the phone is sold out.
Palm's own spokespeople and blog are mum on the sales subject but has a new post up today states that over 150,000 apps were downloaded from the App Catalog on just the first day the Pre was available.
Article Comments(27 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf