Palm Details WebOS System Updates
Palm has published an interesting document which explains how webOS system updates will work. The support document explains the update process and installation procedures in detail.
In a nutshell, the Pre will check for system updates in the background every 7 days. If one is found, it downloads in the background when connected to a Wi-Fi network or are within high speed data (EVDO) coverage. Once the download is complete the update must install within 7 days when the battery level is above 30%, otherwise the device will continually prompt the user to install and after the fourth alert the system will basically install on its own.
The document is an interesting read and sheds some light on the webOS over the air update process. It is interesting to note that at this point it appears users will have no choice but to install system updates when they become available.
Of course, the same process can also be performed manually by checking the "Updates" application.
Article Comments(11 comments)
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler