webOS v1.2 Update Discovered
A few forum users at PreCentral.net have stumbled upon a unreleased version of webOS for the Pre. The newer webOS build was discovered via a Palm support and developer utility called webOS Doctor. Attempting to restore a Pre earlier today briefly resulted in it downloading and installing a copy of webOS v1.2. Palm has since quickly corrected the apparent slip up, however, copies are now making the rounds and new details about v1.2 are beginning to leak out.
Some of the new features spotted so far include a new version of the App Catalog with support for possible paid apps, user accounts and credit card transactions. Other small things such as some system tweaks, numerous browser refinements, data tracking changes and changes to the copy and paste behavior are also said to be in the mix.
There is currently no word on when the webOS v1.2 update will be officially released. The build leaked today is marked as: (Build Sprint.100.166 08/30/09 08:03) while the current latest release is webOS v1.1 labeled: (Build Sprint.76.143 07/24/09 19:44).
Article Comments(17 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf