Palm Inc is a smartphone and personal digital assistant company known for the Treo smartphone and Palm PDA's. Palm is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California in the Silicon Valley.
Palm Computing, Inc. was founded in 1992 by Jeff Hawkins and Donna Dubinsky, later co-inventors of the Palm Pilot. Ed Colligan, also an early employee, is the current CEO of Palm.
In January 2002, Palm, Inc. set up a wholely owned subsidiary to develop and license Palm OS, which was named PalmSource. In October 2003, PalmSource was spun off from Palm as an independent company, and Palm aquired Handspring and renamed itself palmOne. In late 2006, PalmSource was aquired by ACCESS, which specializes in mobile and embedded web browser technologies, for US$324 million. PalmSource later announced that it would rename itself to ACCESS Systems Americas.
< Palm FAQ
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith