Rumor: Upcoming Palm Tungsten X and Zire 22 Details
A reliable source has provided PalmInfocenter with some new details on Palm's upcoming fall handheld releases. Info on a Tungsten X and Zire 22 has shown up in the internal inventory system of a large electronics retail company. Read on for more details.
The source claims that the company tried to place a large order for Tungsten T5 handhelds directly from Palm. The source was told that the Tungsten T5 has been EOL'd (end of life) and that a replacement would be in stores on October 11th.
The Tungsten X (which could likely be a code name) will run Palm OS Garnet v5.4.9. It will have a 312MHz XScale processor, a 320x480 pixel display, 128MB of non-volitile memory, 802.11b WiFi, Bluetooth 1.2 and an SDIO expansion slot. It is also supposed to have voice recording and a digital camera, though the source could not confirm it. It will have a $299 USD MSRP.
Possible images of this handheld first surfaced back in June.
The inventory system also shows a new listing for a Palm Zire 22 handheld. The Zire 22 will have a 160x160 pixel color screen, 32MB of RAM and no SD slot. It will retail for $99.
Article Comments(176 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -zinzan
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko