A leaked internal memo from Technical Support at Palm has appeared on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot. It covers how to manually increase the contrast on the new m505 to the same level as the Visor Prism's at the cost of decreasing battery life by about 35%. This system hack does not work with U.S.-made m505s, only on ones from Hungary.
Do this at your own risk. Any errors made in entry of the contrast initialization string may result in an endless loop reset. Most Palm Tech Support personnel haven't yet heard of this system hack and at this point they don't support it or suggest it be used.
Article Comments(158 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W