Comments on: Qualcomm Investing $10 Million in Handspring
Qualcomm has agreed to buy $10 million worth of Handspring stock. The timing of this might be significant, as Handspring is about to release the Treo, a wireless handheld with voice and data capabilities. Qualcomm is the leading company behind the CDMA wireless standard, while the Treo will use GSM/GPRS. According to a Qualcomm VP, the company is using this investment to encourage Handspring to release a CDMA version of the Treo, which Handspring is already working on.
In a possibly related development, Handspring's share price has shot up tremendously today. So far it is up $1.34, an increase of almost 22%.
Article Comments(19 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W