Comments on: Info on Memory Stick Licencing Fees Available
Sony has recently added to its Memory Stick site a section on licencing the technology, including a sample licensing agreement. Sony uses a flat-fee policy. Each company that licences the Memory Stick pays 500,000 Yen/year, which is about $3,800. There is no charge for each unit sold. There is no additional fee for the Memory Stick Duo, the new smaller form, though there is one for MagicGate Memory Sticks. A licensee is allowed to make both regular Memory Sticks and the MS Duo and any device that makes use of them under this same agreement.
Article Comments(66 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W