Comments on: HTC Assessing Its Own Operating System
Bloomberg continues to drive the Palm speculation this week with another auspiciously timed piece. Their latest headline suggests that HTC is looking into having its own smartphone software platform. Without going into details the article also touches on the Palm acquisition meme, though HTC's chief financial officer declined to comment on the issue.
"We continue to assess, but that requires a few conditions to justify" having our own system, Cheng Hui-ming, chief financial officer of the Taoyuan, Taiwan-based company, said in a phone interview today.
HTC's own operating system would enable the company, which designs and produces phones using Google and Microsoft software, to reduce its reliance on outside developers. HTC is among possible bidders for Palm Inc., three people familiar with the situation said this month.
Article Comments(18 comments)
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W