Comments on: Linux on the LifeDrive Update
Linux enthusiasts are still hard at work experimenting with getting Linux to operate on the Palm LifeDrive handheld. According to recent updates, Progress has been made and the project now has HDD and touchscreen support. The group Hack&Dev have also posted instructions on installing the OPIE environment on the LifeDrive as well as a screenshot. Opie (Open Palmtop Integrated Environment) is a open source graphical user environment for PDA's and other devices running Linux that includes a PIM framework and additional programs and capabilities.
Linux for the LifeDrive is still in the developer/experiment stages. Though the new OPIE instructions allow you to take it for a test drive, it can still mess with your unit so a full backup and caution is advised before proceeding.
Article Comments(21 comments)
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W