Samsung SPH-i330 Now Available Through Sprint
Sprint and Samsung have announced nationwide availability of the Samsung SPH-i330, a Palm Powered, tri-mode CDMA2000 1X phone. The i300 features Palm OS 3.5, a 256 color screen, 16MB of ram and gpsOne support.
Samsung has been demonstrating the SPH-i330 at trade shows for some time now and this is the first announcement that it is available in the US via Sprint. It has a 160 by 240, STN screen that can display 256 colors. As a smartphone, the i330 has both wireless voice and data capabilities. It uses CDMA 2000 1X networks and supports gpsOne. It has 16 MB of RAM and runs Palm OS 3.5.3.
The i330 is an updated version of the i300, which is already available. The i330 is 4.9 by 2.3 by .7 inches and weighs 5.3 ounces. This makes it lighter and thinner than its predecessor. It runs off a rechargeable battery and has 4 hours of talk time and 4 days of standby time.
As mentioned earlier, this device uses CDMA 2000 1X wireless networks, which offers an average of 144 kbps packet data. It also supports gpsOne, which uses signals from the GPS satellite constellation and from CDMA cell towers to locate the wireless handheld. This will allow for location-based services. It is available now for $499 USD from Sprint PCS.
Article Comments(20 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain