CDMA Treo Pro Gets FCC Approval
Nearly lost amidst this week's flurry of news surrounding the Palm Pre and WebOS, even more solid evidence has surfaced confirming the existence of a CDMA Treo Pro. The CDMA version has now earned a stamp of approval from the FCC and a few of the supporting documents are now online.
Palm has likely held off making an official announcement of this anticipated release until existing Treo 800w stocks are depleted or until the smoke clears in the aftermath of Palm's enormous CES announcements. Palm's CDMA version of the Pro will be its second EVDO Rev.A-capable device and is powered by Windows Mobile 6.1.
Earlier evidence "outing" the device came in the form of a DSL Reports speed test log result in October. The device shares its older GSM sibling's "real" model number that denotes it as the Treo 850. The full filing report can be found on the FCC's web site.
Article Comments(4 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife