A Look at the Olive Green Centro
Palm and Sprint announced new Olive Green and Vibrant Rose colored Centro smartphones last week and today we take a close look at the Olive Green variety. In addition to the new colors, these two models also bring a few relatively minor improvements in the form of double the built in program memory as well as some updated applications. Additionally, the new shades come with a soft touch finish for a better grip and a smoother, smudge free exterior.
Read on for our impressions and a full photo gallery of the new Olive Green Centro.
With these two latest additions the Palm Centro is now currently available in seven different colors from Palm and its various carrier partners. Sprint's original Ruby Red and the limited edition Pink model were just quietly retired with the new announcement.
Olive Green Palm Centro Photo Gallery
The new Centros come in the same old style Palm box as before. No Treo Pro treatment of yet...
"Olive" is the best adjective for this shade of green. Also new is the darker silver gray button bar and trimming around the sides of the device. The soft touch finish has a pleasant feel and has the added benefit of not showing fingerprints and sweat smudges.
Side view and top and bottom views.
The thumboard up close. The keyboard itself feels like it is using a different, updated material. It is significantly more grippy than the earlier models. My fingers tend to stay in place better and don't slide all over the place like before. It's a small but very useful change.
Still the same Palm OS Garnet v5.4.9. You weren't really expecting to see anything new here were you? On the flip-side there is 2x the RAM...
An updated version of Google Maps is included in the rom with the "My Location" functionality enabled. Palm's Blazer is still on hand for mobile web browsing. Currently showing the mobile version of MobilityBeat. Also newly included out of the box is Palm's new Facebook client for Palm OS as well as a free copy of Astraware's Sudoku.
Palm says the new Olive Green and Vibrant Pink models will be in "select retail locations" starting Oct 19th, and in all Sprint retail stores and channels and online at Palm.com starting November 2nd. The devices will sell at special holiday pricing to the tune of $79.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate.
- Palm Centro Review
- A Look at the Electric Blue Centro
- A Look at the AT&T White Centro
- Palm Centro Launch Gallery
Article Comments(21 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah