Palm Offering $25 to Take a Verizon Centro
Just when it looked as if the late summer crop of "free" Verizon Centros from Best Buy was the most attractive way of getting into a new Palm Centro with no upfront cash outlay, The Boy Genius Report has a story on a new Palm promotion. Palm is partnering with Verizon Wireless indirect agents to essentially pay customers $25 to sign a 2yr contract for a Centro.
Offered in the form of a $25 mail-in Visa debit card, this offer is valid through October 31st, 2008, having strangely begun on August 1st to no fanfare even on Palm's corporate blog. Additional details as well as the mail-in rebate form can be found here (.pdf link).
The Palm Centro debuted on Sprint in October of last year before appearing in AT&T and unlocked GSM versions in January of this year. Verizon's version of the Centro is the newest version of the Centro released to-date and is available exclusively in the "Colbalt blue" color scheme. While VZW's Centro began as the priciest version of this particular handset, the Verizon Centro has recently seen several aggressive pricing promotions to match earlier AT&T and Sprint offers from Best Buy to bring the phone down to $50 or "free" levels for both new and existing customers.
With the Treo 755p now EOL'd by Verizon, the Centro remains the sole Palm OS-powered device on that network and possibly the only Palm-branded product, if the 700wx EOL rumors are correct.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife