Windows Mobile 7 Reportedly Delayed
Cnet's Ina Fried has a new article out stating that the next major version of Windows Mobile has been delayed. The report details that device manufactures will not see a release until the second half of 2009.
Although Microsoft has not publicly said when to expect Windows Mobile 7, partners who had expected to have a final release in their hands by early next year have been told now that it won't be ready until the second half of next year, sources told CNET News.
Some preliminary information about Windows Mobile 7 was leaked earlier this year. It is said to feature a host of new input and interaction methods such as camera and motion based gestures, a new system-wide UI revamp and a new web browser and touch controls.
The news is not all bad for Windows Mobile users. The articles does claim that Microsoft still intends to release an improved version of its Internet Explorer Mobile browser. However, the company has not said exactly when or how the new browser will be made available to users.
Article Comments(16 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain