Palm Announces a Press Event for CES
Palm Inc. has just begun send out invitations to a press event to be held during CES 2009. The vaguely worded announcement email invites recipients to "Come to CES to see all that Palm New-ness you've been waiting for." The full invite is posted after the break.
The invitation only event will be held at 11:00 a.m. Pacific at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas during the Consumer Electronics Show. While nothing is certain at this point, it is quite reasonable to assume this event could be the first public unveiling of Palm's long awaited new operating system.
Palm's "Next-Generation" operating system is the lynchpin of the companies turnaround strategy. Palm Executives have repeatedly stated that development on the new OS has been on track for a end of 2008 completion, with next generation handsets to follow in the first half of 2009.
Very little, if any, specific details have been released or talked about the new platform. Earlier this year PalmInfocenter learned that the internal code name for the project was "Nova". It is widely expected to be based on Linux given Palms prior Foleo endeavor.
Palm CEO Ed Colligan previously remarked that the new OS "will restore Palm's design and innovation leadership position." He has also said this summer that the new software combined with the new "game changing hardware" designed for it will usher in a "new era for Palm."
Article Comments(89 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah
- Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Gekko